The Victorian courts have undertaken extensive work to ensure the safe conduct of jury trials, and have implemented measures for the safety and comfort of jurors in the current COVID-19 environment. These include:
- Greater consideration given to people who apply to be excused or to have their jury service deferred due to being vulnerable to the consequences of COVID-19
- Following the latest health advice with respect to COVID-19
- Frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces and areas
- Providing hand sanitiser
- Asking attendees health screening questions (eg. are you feeling well?) upon entering the building and the jury areas
- Requesting all individuals who are selected on a trial sign a consent form confirming they will undergo a COVID-19 rapid test should they develop symptoms while serving on a jury.
Most importantly, you must:
- Stay home if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or if you are awaiting COVID-19 test results; and
- Call our office on 03 8636 6800 to advise us of your circumstances.
For more information about COVID-19 and how you can help protect yourself and others, please visit the Department of Health and Human Services coronavirus webpage .