Most people find jury service a fulfilling experience, and leave with a sense of achievement. However, some people may find the experience distressing, which is normal and understandable.
For this reason, Juries Victoria offers a free, confidential counselling service for any jury-related distress you may have.
What you need to know:
- The Juror Support Program is a free, confidential counselling service
- The program offers counselling and support, provided by qualified and registered psychologists and social workers
- It can be accessed in person, via telephone, or video connection
- It is provided to anybody who attends for jury service, whether they are selected on a trial or not
- For more information, or to book an appointment, call 1300 360 364
We realise jury service is a disruption to your usual routine, and may take you out of your comfort zone. It's something most people will never experience, and for some who do, it may take some time to process.
The Juror Support Program offers counselling and support, provided by qualified and registered psychologists and social workers, and assists with any negative reactions or impacts from your jury experience.
It can be accessed in person, via telephone, or video connection.
There are information pamphlets and posters in all jury areas with more information, or you are welcome to call our office to speak to one of our friendly staff.